Monday, September 7, 2009

Proposal for Final Location Folio

For my final folio for the location class I am proposing a series of six photographs of a documentary style nature that highlight Australia’s wood chipping industry and the problems associated with the industry. As I am passionate about this issue I feel I have the potential to tell an intriguing story about the nature of the industry and the good and bad sides.
I have spoken with a manager from South East Fibre Exports and have permission to come to the chip mill located in Eden, NSW to take photographs. As the location is not in Canberra, and I may need to re-shoot I have chosen to take the opportunity to shoot this portfolio in the mid semester break.
I envision I will get images of the workers, the trucks, the evidence of protests etc. I also hope to get images of the ships and the wharf as well as being able to document the beginnings of a multi million-dollar alternative energy process that is trying to go ahead at the chip mill. There are a lot of aspects I would like to cover in this folio from the workers to the forests and the beautiful surrounds of twofold bay. I will go with the intention to capture as much as I can, however I am aware that I can only present 6 images so I had better make them 6 fantastic images

1 comment:

  1. You can do more than 6 images Megan if you think that it will better tell the story. BP

    ReplyDelete